Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Another Birthday Present

My mom is big into tote bags.  I made her one for her birthday in Feb09.  It's based largely on the Lazy Days Tote from BHG.  I even picked similar colors because I liked what they did.  The bag does have a fairly thick lining so it's a bit padded.  The lining fabric is the same super cute green polka dot as the handles and the green triangles.  There's a small inside pocket.  I just love the colors and the simple, but lovely pattern.  I've seen a similar pattern used as a small quilt on Quilt Hollow.  I think it would make a nice baby quilt or lap quilt.


I also made a matching travel tissue pouch (detail post coming soon) and a sunglasses case for her.  Mom goes through so many pairs of sunglasses and so far she's been using it.





1 comment:

  1. Just wonderful that my tiny little quilt was inspirational for your tote! Thanks for your visit! I'm now a follower to keep an eye on ya!

    ReplyDelete