Monday, February 15, 2010

Love

Tuesday is one of my Grandma-in-Laws' birthday.  She's a very young 71.  I love her.  I joke sometimes that I married my DH for his family...especially his grandparents....I'm only partially kidding : )

The whole family got together at a very nice asian buffet place on Sunday...which happened to be Valentine's Day also.  On that note, I threw together a quick 'card' for her.  Well actually, it was supposed to be a card, but things didn't go anywhere near planned.  Long story short, this is what came out of my 'morning of/last minute scramble.'

(Sadly I only had time to snap a super quick photo and I thought it was clear...)

It was supposed to be a card, but turned into more of table decoration.  It's only roughly an eight of a piece of card stock and leaning back on fold with a smaller piece in back.  I sewed around the heart with some pink thread and my presser foot smudged a bit, I punched a hole in the card (breaking my hole punch in the process...) and stuck the little flower in.  I'm actually happy with how the flower turned out.  I found the tutorial on Polka Dot Pineapple, and I was worried that because I just had Elmer's glue, they wouldn't turn out as pretty as hers.  But I'm seeing more of these in my future.

I'm blaming my super full weekend and a lousy cold for not completing my original idea of either a full bouquet of flowers or making this little one into a pin and for the card that kept getting smaller and smaller.  But I'm thanking my DH for comforting and encouraging me through the problems this caused me.  Now I just have to get him to put my hole punch back together...

No comments:

Post a Comment