Saturday, February 20, 2010

Thursday's Finish


I finally finished a project last thursday...seems like it's been a while.  

My mom really liked the patchwork heart that I made and blogged about.  She had some ideas about how it would work for a table runner.  And since it was her idea and she said she'd use it, I made it for her.  She even gave me the solid red fabric because she never used it for the project she originally got it for.  It ended up being about 33 inches long and just under 15 inches high.  I just eyeballed how long I wanted it.  She has a large oval dining table and the size seemed to work.









The back gave me a little trouble.  Mostly boils down to me not always being a very straight cutter.  I thought I had measured a bit extra, but as you can see, I had to add just a teeny bit of fabric on the ends.  Annoying but it was better than making the solid red on the front left side shorter than the embroidered side.  So you just can't flip it over.  : )

1 comment:

  1. Ooooh I LOVE that heart. Love it love it love it. That would make a great whole quilt - maybe for a quilting bee - each one in a different colour. Can I copy your heart? If I do, I promise I'll come back and show you what I made.

    ReplyDelete