Sunday, February 21, 2010

Where It All Happens

I had one of those days last Friday where I felt exceptionally motivated.  And since these days are sadly not all that common, I took advantage.  It feels so good when you get a bunch of things done before 10am.  One of the things I did was clean up my craft area a bit.  I had just picked up a few more supplies on a brief shopping trip last week and they needed an organized home.  I'm pretty happy with how clean it looked so I snapped a couple of pictures yesterday.


My area is just a little corner in the second bedroom of our little house.  I use my Great Grandmother's desk as my sewing table.  The side table is actually the top of an entertainment stand we got for free.  We use the bottom part as our TV stand but the top is the perfect height for a cutting and ironing table.  Plus it comes with some shelves that make visible fabric and supplies storage.  I also have those plastic stackable drawers slid underneath.


I use a shelf or part of one on our too full bookcase for more fabric storage.  It holds the colors of fabric that i have the most of...blue and green.  And the green pile is soon going to become blue and green because I have a hard time resisting a good blue.  I'm learning tho!

A few things I'd like to point out:
  • My laptop is usually sitting in the corner of the "L" shape and is playing music or an episode of a TV show I missed.  
  • I never wear shoes around the house but recently we've seen a mouse and it just really freaks me out...especially when my feet on the foot pedal are right near the wall.  But I can't sew very steadily with sneakers on, so I have to tough it out anyways.
  • I keep a blanket around because we're cheap with out heat.  Usually it's wrapped around my waist so that I can stay warm even when I stand up to cut or iron.
  • I have a little table top ironing board that tucks beside the desk.  It's not very old and already I really should make a new cover for it.
  • One of my dear friends got me the 2010 Day-to-Day Sewing Calendar for Christmas just because she saw it in the store and thought of me and it's so fun to have it on my desk.  I'll admit that I get impatient for the next project and often peak!
  • The heart on the wall is the other one I made and still haven't decided what to do with it...I'm hoping it will come to me if it's always staring at me up there on the wall.
And I course I had to make sure there was a WIP in the picture.  I had some St. Patrick's fabric from last year (only a half yard of each...what was I thinking?) and decided to get a head start on some kind of decoration.  Like the heart project, I'm still thinking about what direction I want to go with this.  There might possibly be an attempt at machine quilting...if I'm brave enough!


1 comment:

  1. What a great space. One of these days I'll make myself more of a dedicated space. Just need to get a table so I can move out of my laundry room and into one of our spare bedrooms. I thought that was cute what you said about wearing the blanket around your waist while you iron. We do what we have to do, right!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog and entering the giveaway! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete