Sunday, January 31, 2010

Wall Runner?

The second project I made was for my mother-in-law's birthday (2009).  Boy was I nervous about this one.  My MIL loves to decorate and coordinate and all those other 'ates' that I don't have very high on my list.  Gotta love her for it tho. So I picked out some colors and fabrics that I thought would work (with the help of my DH) and made up a table runner for her.  I thought it turned out pretty good and I am in love with the floral fabric and the blue one I used.

I had some pieces leftover from how I made the flying geese so I decided to make a matching little wall hanging.  It was just small and cute and showed off the floral fabric we loved so much.  



Well somehow my dear MIL convinced herself that I had intended the long table runner sized piece as a wall hanging.  Even tho I didn't put a sleeve or loops like the little one, she insisted that I told her it was a wall hanging.  Bless her heart...she found a way to hang it.  I'll willingly admit that it looks just fine and maybe it's even shown off a bit more on the wall than under a bunch of stuff on a table.  Just goes to show you don't always need to use something only for what it's made.

No comments:

Post a Comment